Friday, October 02, 2015

Stages 3 and 4 of "The Sunflower Wedding Portrait"

I've published similar images of these images below, of Stages 3 and 4 of "The Sunflower Wedding Portrait", on www.Facebook.com/PaintingProgression so thought I'd go the whole hog and display one or two here too. I've also given more detailed explanations of the process on the Facebook page.

I'm getting a bit nervous, and certainly very vulnerable, now as this is the first time I have published images of something important that I am working on - as I am working on it. This means that errors and corrections I make as I go along will also be public!!! Uh oh.


The first stage of tracing the drawing

Detail of  how as many darks and lights are traced onto the canvas


 The face of the man is not yet correct as the image
I have been working from is very dark. More work needed there!

After correcting the drawing of the male face, the next step will be to put in the background.


No comments: