Sunday, March 25, 2018

Remembering ...

Lately, after helping my son launch himself on the road to being a digital nomad, the part of me which loves brain-tickling techniques of marketing became a little too involved with other ways of earning my keep - and I almost forgot I'm an artist and that art is my passion.

In this case, depression was a good thing! I became rather down in the dumps and realised it was because I was giving less and less time to painting and playing with images. I needed to get back to beautiful things and to start getting them out in the world again.

There's no better way to start getting creative again than by choosing colours, pouring paint and making a lovely big mess ... which is exactly what I did. But now I have to wait for it all to dry because I've run out of drying space.

Never mind, I'm back to editing a blog I created some time ago about art and artists. I had published excerpts of artist profiles I wrote when I was writing for an Irish magazine from about 2004 to 2010. Now I'm completing those articles on the blog and adding loads and loads of beautiful art books for readers to drool over.

You might like to watch the progress here : https://cooksonwriting.blogspot.fr/

As usual, it wouldn't be me if I didn't add an image to this blog post. I've chosen an example of the poured acrylics I was talking about.

"Ancient Forest" by Lynda Cookson





No comments: